Friday, December 24, 2010

It's time we had some Christmas cheer!

Christmas is TOMORROW!! :)
***
Our Christmas break started off kind of rocky! We finished finals with sickness looming in our future. Kyle got a nasty head cold in the middle of finals, and I held out to the end of the week, but it wasnt long before I took up permanent residence in bed and on the couch for a couple of days.
***
Thankfully I married a good man. He took good care of me and even gave a talk in church for me on Sunday!
***
By Monday I was up and moving again. We cleaned the house and got ready to leave the next day to Utah for my sisters birthday and Christmas. We were done with our to do list early and figured we might as well head down to Utah that night instead of just sitting around waiting to leave. So we called my mom and told her we were going to surprise my sister and come that night. We got her pretty good.
***
Unfortunately for us though, since we got in late, we were carrying our stuff inside in the dark and subsequently I left my purse, make-up bag and ipod in the car. We also at some point had a miscommunication on who locked the car. I thought Kyle locked it, Kyle thought I had locked it....which led to an unlocked, well-stocked car.
***
We woke up the next morning and I asked Kyle to go get my make-up bag and purse from the car. At which point, we discovered that someone got into our car and took all that I forgot in the car the night before.
***
The good news, they only took what was in sight.
All of our Christmas presents were in the trunk, they didnt take any of those. Kyle's camera was in the middle console and they didnt take that. And luckiest of all, we had a spare key in the car. They could have taken off with the whole car and we would have been in some big trouble then!
***
So we spent the rest of the morning canceling debit cards, blocking checks and filing for fraud alert. Needless to say, we have learned our lesson to make sure the car is locked and we take everything OUT of the car to begin with!
***
We were ready for a change in our luck! We spent the rest of the day in downtown Salt Lake City. We went ice skating at an out door rink, went to dinner and looked at the lights at temple square. It was an ok way to end a miserable morning.
***
Yesterday we celebrated Christmas Adam with my dad's side of the family. Since both grandparents live close by, years ago we started celebrating Christmas with the Allreds the day before Christmas Eve...since Adam came before Eve, we nick named the event Christmas Adam. As we've all grown up, its been hard to all get together for the last couple of years, so it hasnt happened for a while.
***
Within the last couple weeks, we learned my grandpa was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. So we all made an extra effort to get work off and be there for one more Christmas Adam. It was so much fun to have almost every one back around one VERY large table again. We opened presents from each other, ate, talked and laughed, ate some more. It was so much fun! And a really great time to reconnect and reminisce with all the family.
***
Today its on to the next family for more eating and visiting and eating and laughing and eating and talking and eating.
***
Its time we had some Christmas Cheer! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Carissa,
    What a crazy weekend you have had! I'm so glad that everything turned out okay with your car! And I hope you both have a VERY merry Christmas!
    Love,
    Camille =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like y'all are having a Christmas you'll never forget!
    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa :( houston's grandpa's doctor recently found a spot on his pancreas so we're waiting to see if it's cancer, too. not fun :( praying for your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sounds like an adventure. Hopefully your holiday turns out great anyway. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete