Friday, October 22, 2010

Baked with Love

Since I've been married, I've learned a few things about myself (Im sure Kyle has as well...maybe someday I'll get him to write a post!)
***
one thing I've learned is I detest cooking
***
ok, detest is a little strong, but I really am not a fan of it. Im not even good at it, although my husband would tell you otherwise. (one of the many reasons i love him!)
***
but as much as I dont like to cook, I love to bake!
***
My mom makes the most delicious sugar cookies I've ever consumed in my life! Dont believe me? Visit her for any holiday and your taste buds will be enlightened! I've made them once before, and although they were not too bad for a first time, there is nothing like hers. I only dream of one day being on equal sugar cookie baking ground with her.
***

***
Earlier this week I was craving those sugar cookies. I didnt want to make them, I just wanted her to arrive on my front porch with a batch warm out of the oven. Of course that didnt happen, so I was on my own to provide this heavenly delicacy for my taste buds.
***
In my mental preparations for baking sugar cookies, I also noticed we had some bananas that were going bad, so I put banana bread on the baking list. Of course, my mother also makes divine banana bread so I had to call her for her recipe.
***
When I called her to get the recipe, she told me she had made pumpkin bread that day. So of course, it being fall now, pumpkin bread also made it onto the list, quickly followed by pumpkin pie.
***

***
I made the pie (simple delectable) and made the sugar cookie dough with hopes of completing the process (rolling, cutting, baking, frosting) the next day. Unfortunately, I highly underestimated the amount of time I would spend doing school and homework (I do that often) and the sugar cookies never were baked. In fact, four days later, the dough is still in my fridge, although its quantity has been significantly reduced (cookie dough is almost equally as delicious!)
***
so all my baking ambitions for the week have now been saved for the weekend. {My tastebuds are watering just thinking about it!} and I think I shall enjoy every minute of baking and tasting every delicious food my taste buds encounter! You all are welcome to join me!


No comments:

Post a Comment