Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Small Things in Life

Today I learned, or should I say RE-learned a valuable lesson.
***
On our off-track from school Kyle and I test fire alarm systems in the Denver Public School district. Well yesterday DPS was closed along with EVERY other school district from North Denver down to Pueblo because of the absolutely FRIGID temperatures. We're talking frigid like the high in the negatives. Frigid.
***
So today was not much warmer and every school district that was closed yesterday was closed again today, or at least delayed. All, that is, except for Denver Public Schools. So Kyle and I woke up at 4:30 in the morning, got in the car and it was -11 degrees. WITHOUT the wind chill. So needless to say, we weren't the happiest campers when we arrived at work. And of course no one at the school was happy to be the only ones in Colorado at school. So I was pretty annoyed by the middle of the morning.
***
But then....I remembered my wonderful husband packed me some oreos for the day! So in hopes to brighten my spirits I dug into my bag and found the goods. But what I found was not just any plain joe oreos. No, no, no. These were FOOTBALL shaped oreos!

***
Now I know what you're thinking. "That's it?!"
***
YES! Yes, that's it! I didnt even know there were oreos shaped like footballs! I was expecting plain circle oreos and instead got a new and unexpected football oreos. And I was delighted! I had found a small moment of bliss in my new found oreos.
***
What can I say? Sometimes it's the small things in life that make your day! Like football oreos.

No comments:

Post a Comment