Monday, February 21, 2011

Double Decades, the Zoo and Being a Scientist

Thats right people, I'm proud to say that I've lived to see two whole decades!
Im hoping now that maybe the dropped jaws will be a little less dramatic when people find out my age and that I'm married!
***
I had such a fun day. Kyle and I went to this place called Color Me Mine. We got to paint our own pottery and then they fire it for you. I painted a cute little cupcake platter and kyle painted a candy dish. It was lots of fun!
***

***
Then I went out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner with my family. They made me sit on the saddle while they all gave me a big Happy Birthay YEEHAW!!
Embarrasing...I know.
*** ***
My sister made me this super cute cupcake flower cake.
*** ***

***
This last Saturday the Denver Zoo had a free day. So Kyle and I took his three youngest siblings to the zoo with my sister and her husband and Parker. Since it was a free day, BEAUTIFUL weather and a Saturday, the zoo was PACKED! There were SO many people!
***
Parker didnt like riding in the stroller but he sure liked walking around with Uncle Kyle.
*** ***
Since Parker didnt want his stroller, Jonah took advantage of the open seat! Jared pushed him around for the last part of the day. It was nice to know that Jonah was with Jared and not getting lost in the crowds.
******
Jonah thought most of the animals smelled!
***

***
It was a fun day and a nice break from work!
***
Speaking of work. I had a funny experience at work the other day. We test fire alarms in the Denver Public Schools. We carry these poles that have a little doohickey on the end that sprays fake smoke into the detectors, and it tends to draw quite a spectacle. Especially in the elementary schools.
***
Well we were at an elementary school and this third grade class walked by me in the halls and a the teacher stopped and told the class to make a prediction about what I was doing. They all made guesses and then I told them what I was doing and the teacher turned to the class and asked them "Is she a scientist?"
***
Now, I dont have much of a love for my job, and I'm not sure I've ever felt like a scientist. But all the kids excitedly shook their heads and for a moment I felt like I had a pretty cool job.
***
Thats right, I'm a scientist!

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday!!! k seriously that cupcake flower cake is the cutest thing i have ever seen! man what i would do to go to texas road house right now...haha hope all is well, we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete