Friday, April 29, 2011

What a week!

Man, oh man has it been one of "those" weeks! I am so happy to welcome the end of it!
***
Our week started of fabulous as we spent Easter Sunday with our good friends Nathan and Shaleena Bennion. We ate some most delicious food, played games and dyed easter eggs! We had so much fun!


***
Unfortunately the fab week ended there. Sunday night I got some really sharp pains in my abdomen. I felt AWFUL. Kyle gave me a blessing and I had a restless night of sleep on the couch. By morning I was feeling a lot better and hardly even felt any pain during the day.
***
But my relief was short lived and early that night the pain came back in full force. It felt like someone had turned on a meat grinder inside of me. It hurt to stand, lay down, sit, curl up, stretch out...nothing I did made it better.
***
After a lot of convincing from Kyle (I did NOT want to go to the hospital!) I finally consented into letting him take me to a doctor. The Student Health Center was closed so we didnt know where we were supposed to go and all we could think of was the ER at Madison Memorial Hospital.
***
While I was in the ER they ran a blood test, urine test and I had an ultra sound. They admitted me to the hospital around midnight with the diagnosis of "abdominal pain of unknown cause" thinking it may be early appendicitis.
***
After another restless night they ran another blood test and ordered a CAT scan. After hours and hours of waiting the doctor came in and said the CAT scan showed I had a ruptured ovarian cyst which had caused some bleeding in my abdominal cavity which causesed many of the physical symptoms of appendicitis.
***
Good news was I didnt have to have surgery!! Bad news, the doctor said its likely to happen again because I had multiple cysts, and theres not much you can do about them. :/ Also, now I've got my head spinning with all these worst case scenarios about PCOS and infertility! So if any one has advice or experience with ruptured ovarian cyst or anything like that, I would love to hear some!
***
As if the week had not already been long enough, my sweet grandpa passed away wednesday night from pancreatic cancer. We all knew it was coming, but I was still pretty sad. He was such a great man. He taught me to swallow pills, learn my times tables, blow my nose, drive, how to love your spouse, manage money, work hard, and enjoy my life. He was such a great example to me and to so many others. He had such a zeal for life! He will be greatly missed. I am so thankful for the plan of salvation and the hope that we have to see him again. I know that this is just another step of his life in eternity. He is freed from his pain and returned to our loving Heavenly Father.



We love and miss you gramps!
***
It has been a hard week but my fabulous husband has taken such good care of me and done so much for me this week! I love him to pieces and I'm so grateful to have him in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment