Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Well done, thou good and faithful servant."



This past weekend was my grandpa's funeral. It was a long, hard, sad weekend.
But the things that were said about my grandpa during the funeral were nothing but those of admiration, respect, and love. There was not one person who did not mention the unfallable nature of service and teaching my grandpa always had.

He truly was a great man. I can't think of time when he was not serving, teaching or working hard, often all at the same time. Even in his last few weeks, when his own body was physically failing him, he was still concerned about serving others.
***
My cousin was the grandchildrens representative for speaking at the funeral. He spoke of the three loves my grandpa had in his life. A love for his country, his family and his Heavenly Father.
Grandpa sure loved his wife, his sons, and his grandchildren and he never failed to find an opportunity to teach us. Teach us the value of work, budgeting, or laughing.


All because two people fell in love.
***
He was a man who lived what he taught, strived to become more like Christ and help others along their way. He will be remembered as a man who was worthy to be welcomed home by his Heavenly Father, with the rewarding words "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."
***
Grandpa was a good man. He lived a good, long and full life.
As I listened to the tributes to his life, I felt honored to know such a man. I hope I can live the lessons he taught me. I hope I can become as magnificient of a person as he was so that I too might be worthy of the phrase "Well done, though good and faithful servant."

1 comment:

  1. rip grandpa... wanna know how ghetto i am? im at the public library blog stalking.

    ReplyDelete